Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Go Speed Racer

Having a moment with my two sons, we went to see the movie Speed Racer, I had heard it was a good movie to go see. I found myself in the middle of it with a lump in my throat. I thought "what is this?", why is it that I am moved by this over the top color saturated, CG intensive movie.

I am thinking is it the father-son relationships? Is it the race car diving (I love racing)? Is it the creativity with the computer graphics? Is it in the pursuing of a dream? I don't know but I think it is a combination of all of it.

I remember in Bible School one of my instructors said "I am convinced that most people never even enter into the first phase of ministry that God has for them". That statement has stuck with me. I have wondered if the other disciples in the boat with Peter ever said, "Dang, that could have been me walking n the water if I was just willing to take that step". I think we just might pass up opportunities more often than we care to think about but are not willing to take the risk. Perhaps we think about what we could lose, and that is what keeps us in the rut of life.

I know there are times when we have thought that we have heard from God and took a step but things didn't turn out the way we thought they should. Maybe this is what keeps us in the rut. Perhaps we fear missing God so we just avoid listening or obeying Him.

For me, it is my desire to take the risk in obeying my Father. Sometimes it might not make a lot of sense to me but I choose to go anyhow. Just like Speed Racer pursuing what is in him, Let's choose to go with what God has placed within our hearts.

This is my rambling site...

1 comment:

Lynn Marie Cherry said...

Go Babe! I'll be right here in your pit with my cool sunglasses on!